Most people truly do not understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer. As skin care professionals, it is our duty to let you know. Many women and men will wait until they have a skin issue or concern (weird breakouts, dry itchy skin, dark spots, etc.) or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. While this is totally fine, these frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products like YELLE Skincare’s 5-Piece System.
Having a monthly facial is a good investment, so let’s break down why:
Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good we feel about ourselves. Investing in proper skincare has a value that can be arguably more important than buying a new dress or going out to a fancy restaurant or even taking an expensive vacation.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start (i.e. a great facial) your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion.
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider getting a facial monthly:
- A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
- Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal.
- Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin.
- Facials provide deep(er) exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
- A facial cleanses the pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores.
A good monthly facial should be paired quality products to continue on the benefits of the intense treatment you just received. Our YELLE Skincare systems can support you each and every day after you return home from your facial.
Take our at home skin-quiz to see what system is the perfect fit for you.